Shuswap Band Employment Opportunities
There is currently 1 posting within the Shuswap Band
Shuswap Indian Band Lands Clerk/Office Assistant
The Lands Clerk/Office Assistant is responsible for providing efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to the Lands Manager and the Director of Operations.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations, Provincial and Federal environmental codes.
- Experience with land registrations and related documents or aptitude for training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the FN Lands Registry, contract law and land transactions.
- Knowledge of land interest agreements, leases, right-of-way’s and permits as they relate to Shuswap Band.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of stakeholder and community concerns.
- Data Entry.
- Maintaining a registry of all interests.
- Assist in the administration of the Land Code, Land Use Plan, Matrimonial Real Property Law, Land Use Decision Making By-Law and Custom Election By-Law.
- Providing all Committees with the necessary documents, organizing and recording minutes of all Committee meetings.
- General office duties including filing, researching, typing, scheduling and arranging meetings, responding to correspondence.
- Secretarial Support to Land Manager and Director of Operations
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Terry Babin, Director of Operations by Feb 15th:
Mail: Unit 3A, 492 Arrow Road
Preference will be given to Shuswap Band members. We thank all those for applying, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.