Health Centre Services
As of October 2015, we have a new Health Centre located in the back of the Shuswap Band Office offering confidential services from three different office spaces to the Shuswap Band Members!
Registered Nurse/Health Nurse - Shauna Cameron
- Nursing assessments
- Case Management
- Home Visits
- Pre & Post Natal Care
- Sexual Health
- Non-Insured Health Benefits
- Chronic Disease Management
Community Support Worker - Morgan Floesser
- Mental Health Counselling/Support
- Individual Counselling
- Drug and Alcohol Counselling/Treatment Referrals
- Family Support
- Parenting Support
- Someone to talk to
CONFIDENTIAL TREATMENT ROOM
- Doctor - Dr. Mannheimer -Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month starting at 12:00.
- Aboriginal Dietician - Monthly Visits - Dietary education, diabetic care, chronic disease management, etc.
- Kinesiologist - Monthly Visits - Education/individual appointments around: movement, safety, diet, chronic disease management, etc.
- Massage - Every Wednesday - A professional blend of techniques, including the stimulation of trigger points, which clears your mind and body.
- Foot Care - Every 5 weeks - Foot and toenail care - Learn how to keep your feet healthy, etc.
- Naturopath - Dr. Baker every 2 weeks - Alternative medicine including homeopathy, herbalist, and acupuncture, as well as diet (nutrition) and lifestyle counselling, etc.
- Healthy Food Box Program - The Shuswap Band's Healthy Food Box Program provides healthy fruits and vegetables to community members every two weeks. The cost is $5 per box (maximum 1 per household).
- Take-Home Naloxone Program:The Shuswap Band is the only Take-Home Naloxone Centre in the Columbia Valley registered with the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control! This program is an overdose prevention program for anybody using opioid medications. If anyone is interested in learning about this program, please call Shauna or Morgan at the Health Centre.
For dates/details please see our Event Calendar
Shuswap Band Contacts:
Registered Health Nurse
Tel: (250) 341-3678 ext # 1015
Fax: (778) 526-5120
Community Support Worker
Tel: (250) 341-3678 ext # 1009
Fax: (778) 526-5120
First Nations, Inuit and Aboriginal Health, Family Dynamix, Rising Sun Massage & Wellness Studio, Invermere Medical Clinic, Hopkins Harvest, ANKORS East Kootenay, Canadian Mental Health Association, Invermere Sobeys, Lambert Kipp Pharmacy Ltd., Invermere Pharmasave